What is Radon and how it can affect you.

Posted by:

Radon is a gas that has no color, odor, or taste and comes from the natural radioactive breakdown of uranium in the ground. You can’t see, smell or taste radon. It could, however, be a problem in your home. There two main ways that you can be exposed to Radon, either by the air in your home or in the water you drink.

If you live in an area with high radon in groundwater it can get into your private well. Showering, ...

Continue Reading →
0

Healthy Well Water

Posted by:

 

It is estimated that more than 13 million households rely on private wells for drinking water in the United States (US Census American Housing Survey 2015).

It is very important to test your private well annually for total coliform bacteria, nitrates, total dissolved solids, and pH levels. If you suspect the presence of other contaminants, you should test for those also. You can also contact ...

Continue Reading →
0